Find Houses for Rent in Angier, NC
Angier is a beautiful town in the Black River Township of Harnett County, located only a few miles from Fuquay-Varina and Willow Spring. Families looking for homes for rent will find small, quaint communities that make the town perfect for children, offering a variety of entertainment and events.
Facts for Renters
- Harnett County was named after the Revolutionary War patriot and delegate to the Continental Congress, Cornelius Harnett.
- The Scottish settled on the land in the 1700s during the Revolutionary War after the British defeated Bonny Prince Charles at Culloden.
- Also known as "The town of crepe myrtles" for its colorful crepe myrtle trees, Angier hosts the annual Crepe Myrtle Celebration featuring live music, food, games, rides and activities for families. The event has been the town's way of welcoming the fall for more than 30 years and attracts thousands of visitors.
- Due to Angier's close proximity to metropolitan areas of North Carolina, Angier is considered to be in a prime location for industrial development.
- The town is focused on staying healthy with its popular Community Walking Program, joined by residents of all ages with a community walking log so participants can keep track of their progress.
- Angier is known for its fun community events, like its annual Angier Haunted House and the Angier Bike Fest, where spectators have gathered to watch motorcycle stunt shows, play games and relax with good food and music since 2001.
Resources for Renters
- To learn more about the history of Harnett County, visit the county website.
- Want to get more involved and stay up to date with events at local schools in the Harnett County School District? Check out the Harnett County Schools website for contact information and news.
- Residents rely on The Harnett Dispatch to stay informed of both local and worldwide news and events.