Explore Houses for Rent in Apex, NC
Apex is a historic town in Wake County in the suburbs of Raleigh. It's located in close proximity to Holly Springs and the town of Cary. The rich history and culture of the town make the area a unique place for families to look for homes for rent.
Fact for Renters
- The town was named Apex because the community was the highest point on the Chatham Railroad between Richmond, Virginia, and Jacksonville, Florida. The name also inspired the town's motto, "Peak of Good Living."
- A railroad station was built in Apex in 1854 and became highly active in the 1860s when private landowners began to settle in the area. It wasn't until 1873 that the land was incorporated into a town.
- Apex was a quiet town until the 1960s, when the nearby Research Triangle Park was established. High-tech firms from across the world started to move to the town and surrounding area, causing rapid population growth. Since then, Apex has thrived as a trading and shopping center.
- The town has several different parks and recreation centers for families and children, including Nature Park, featuring lighted tennis courts and soccer fields, play areas and an amphitheater where live concerts and outdoor movie nights frequently take place.
- The Apex Historical Society hosts an annual Historical Homes Tour every winter, which takes guests to some of the town's historic sites, such as the Apex train depot.
- Apex's Halle Cultural Arts Center frequently holds concerts, visual arts presentations, educational programs and many other special community events.
Resources for Renters