Find Ideal Houses for Rent in Emerald Isle, NC
If you're seeking that seaside town ambiance without losing a sense of community, look no further than homes for rent in Emerald Isle, North Carolina. This long island, settled between Bogue Sound and the Atlantic Ocean, is also home to a number of other small towns, like Salter Path and Atlantic Beach. As any local knows, there's no need to actually leave Emerald Isle - there are plenty of new opportunities to explore in the small town.
Interesting facts about Emerald Isle
- The town got its name when a consultant from Florida was hired to determine whether developers should purchase the undeveloped parts of the island. The consultant, while flying over the land, found that the island looked like a green gem in the sea and came up with "Emerald Isle."
- The town has been in existence since 1954, when the land was bought from Anita Maulik by seven local investors.
Resources for New Renters
- Renters new to the area and looking for something exciting to do should check with the Parks and Recreation Department. Here, they can find programs, activities and services for people of all ages.
- The Public Works Department can also be a fantastic resource for those who need some environmental help. For instance, renters with inquiries about things like street maintenance, beach trash collection and mosquito control will find the answers they're looking for here.
- The government of Emerald Isle allows citizens to submit queries, comments and requests for a number of services online through the Citizen Online Services portal. Here, renters can ask for more information about the fire department, festivals, local beaches and building codes, among other topic areas.