655 Houses for Rent in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina
Number of Bedrooms
Fuquay Varina House Options
Looking for more?
Discover Houses for Rent in Fuquay Varina, NC
Located in central North Carolina, the small town of Fuquay Varina is a great mix of city and country, something all individuals looking for homes for rent can appreciate. After all, while this community can be considered a suburb, it's also only 18 miles away from Raleigh. There's plenty to do both in the big city and in the country, and residents can enjoy both walks of life.
Interesting Facts About Fuquay Varina
- The town was first known as Piney Woods, and wasn't recognized by its modern-day moniker until Fuquay Springs and the nearby community of Varina united in 1963.
- Fuquay comes from the original town settler, Revolutionary War veteran William Fuquay. Varina is derived from the nickname of the wife of a Civil War soldier known as Ballentine, who established a settlement and named the post office, mercantile building and railroad station after her.
- Fuquay Springs was settled around the Fuquay Mineral Spring, which was once rumored to have healing powers.
Important Resources for Renters
- Individuals new to the town and looking for employment may want to consult with the Human Resources Department. This group recruits new workers for various local government positions, and then it concentrates on training and providing services to the employees.
- Renters with young children, or simply those who are looking for new opportunities and a way to meet their neighbors, will want to contact the Parks and Recreation Department. There are 18 park sites in Fuquay Varina, as well as a number of picnic areas, playgrounds and other public areas.
- Those who recently moved to the town may want to head to the community's official website and sign up for e-newsletters. Residents can receive information about subjects like local events, emergency alerts and town board meetings.