Explore Houses for Rent in Graham, NC
Individuals looking for homes for rent in Graham, North Carolina, will find everything they're looking for, from fun activities to a cozy community. The area, technically a city, is only 31 miles away from Durham and 28 miles from Chapel Hill, both to the east. That being said, renters won't have to leave the city limits of Graham to have a good time.
Fun Facts About Graham
- Graham was created to be the new county seat of Alamance County, which was created out of part of Orange County when it was determined to be too large in the early 1800s. The city itself, however, wasn't incorporated until 1851.
- The city was named to honor Hillsborough Gov. William Graham, though names like Gallatin, Vernon and Montgomery were also suggested.
- Graham played a significant part in World War II - the town hall acted as the home to the National Guard 30th Infantry Division Medical Detachment before the fighting began.
Resources for Graham Renters
- The Recreation and Parks Department is where new renters in the city should go if they want to find out more information about the many public parks, playgrounds and other facilities.
- After they've moved in, renters should contact the Public Works Department to ensure that everything is set up, from garbage collections to landscaping concerns.
Fun Things to Do in Graham
Renters new to Graham should consider spending a lot of their time outdoors enjoying the beautiful vistas. A fantastic place to do this is at Graham-Mebane Lake, where locals can go fishing, boating and have a picnic. However, swimming isn't allowed, because the lake provides the drinking water for the city. There are other outdoor programs, like the movies in Bill Cooke Park shown on Saturday nights during certain months.