Look for Houses for Rent in Hendersonville, NC
For many individuals looking for homes for rent, Hendersonville, North Carolina, is the perfect place. Located close to the big city of Asheville (only 26 miles away), and close to the South Carolina border, individuals visiting this area can truly get back to nature, thanks to the city's close proximity to various state parks and nature trails.
Fun Facts for Renters
- Hendersonville is a nature lover's paradise. It's located 2,200 feet above sea level, so it's got many hiking trails scattered throughout the city.
- The city is located in Henderson County, which is the largest apple-producing county in North Carolina, and has a number of apple orchards.
- Hendersonville was given its official charter on Jan. 7, 1847, the same day it was named the seat of Henderson County.
Resources for Hendersonville Renters
- Residents in Hendersonville may want to contact the Public Works Department if they need questions answered about street maintenance, traffic light issues, trash collection, the Oakdale Cemetery and snow and ice removal, among other important things. This department also oversees the various parks in the city, such as King Memorial Park, Berkeley Park and Toms Park.
- The Hendersonville Police Department, located inside City Hall, can be an important resource for people new to the city. Not only can officers be important in the event of an accident, but they're on hand to teach individuals about the best practices of how to stay safe at all times.
- Those new to the area may want to contact the City Council, as employees can be a good repository when individuals are looking for information on special events occurring at any time of the year. Individuals looking to host a gathering of their own should direct their questions specifically to the Tax Collector when applying for a permit.