Discover Houses for Rent in Jamestown, NC
The community of Jamestown is part of Guilford County. Jamestown is close to High Point and Greensboro. Families searching for homes for rent can find many places to explore in the community, such as High Point Lake, Jamestown Public Library, City Lake Park, The Deck at River Twist and a number of restaurants, like Southern Roots and Jamestown Oven & Grill.
Interesting Facts About Jamestown
- Jamestown was founded in 1816, making it one of the earliest settlements in the Piedmont.
- Native American tribes made an early impact on the area. The Keyauwee were an early Native American tribe, living in the area in the early 1700s. The area near Jamestown had plenty of natural resources and was a suitable hunting ground.
- Quakers were notable early European settlers in Jamestown.
- Gen. Cornwallis, who was a general in the British army, camped close to Jamestown in 1781.
- Agriculture was a prominent staple in the community during its early history.
- Jamestown was officially incorporated in the spring of 1947.
- Notable landmarks in Jamestown include the Oakdale United Methodist Church, which dates back to 1878, and the Oakdale Cotton Mill, a prominent mill that opened after the Civil War.
- The town's motto is "Walking with History."
Resources for Renters
Jamestown has a website that has public notices for renters in the community. Emergency preparedness information is also found under the "News and Notices" page. Other prominent features on the website include town services, information about government, projects such as the Sign Post Replacement Project, and the community's departments.
Guilford County Schools has a website with pages on departments, employees, the community and parents and students. Other notable pages on this site that will be helpful to residents include schools, newsroom, careers, district, quick links and more.