Discover Houses for Rent in Lexington, NC
Lexington is part of Davidson County and has the honor of being county seat. The city can be found in central North Carolina near some of the state's vibrant metropolitan areas such as Greensboro and Charlotte. As Lexington is located between these two communities, residents will have many options for both jobs and weekend adventures. Families searching for homes for rent should also note the available amenities within Lexington, such as Finch Park, West Ninth Avenue Park, Ball Park, Lexington Golf Club, Lexington Cinema Eight and more.
Interesting Facts About Lexington
- Lexington is named after a famous battle in the Revolutionary War, a common theme in the area. For example, Davidson County derives its name from Gen. William Lee Davidson, who was considered a hero in the Revolutionary War.
- Lexington was first settled in 1775. However, Lexington didn't become officially incorporated for some time after the initial settlement, formally acquiring status as an incorporated city in 1828.
- Davidson County was not heavily settled during the 1800s, remaining a community in the North Carolina backcountry.
- A variety of settlers came to the area of Davidson County during its early history. They from a variety of European countries, such as Scotland and Germany. Moravians also came to Davidson County.
Resources for Renters
The City of Lexington's website has pages on the vast array of services that renters will have at their disposable. There's information about various aspects of the city such as recreation, engineering and street maintenance, all of which will be of assistance to residents as they begin their assimilation process into a new town.
- Parents and students living in the city can gain a wealth of information from the website for Lexington City Schools. Details about the school district run the gamut, from the school board to the district's calendar.