Find a Glorious House for Rent in Matthews, NC
When it comes to good, uninhibited Southern living, few towns can compare to the woodlands of Matthews. This community, which is located between Charlotte and Monroe and traces its history back to the early 1800s, has myriad homes for rent and provides potential buyers with a unique opportunity to join a very closely knit community in a gorgeous area of North Carolina.
Fun Facts About Matthews
- Natural resources drove population growth in the town throughout the mid-1800s, as the area is rich with timber and was once home to countless cotton fields.
- The community's original name was Stumptown, which changed to Fullwood because of postal department activity.
- Matthews is home to one of the first stagecoach stops in North Carolina. In fact, the community's current name was given by the railroad company in honor of Watson Matthews, a director.
- Matthews' sister city is Sainte-Maxime, France.
- Famous actress and model Brooklyn Decker hails from this community.
- The Charlotte Metropolitan Area is only a little more than 11 miles from the center of Matthews and can be reached in about 20 minutes by car.
Notable Resources For Matthews Residents
- Access information related to the public works department and other governmental agencies through the town's website.
- Children in Matthews will attend Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools, and important information regarding education can be found through the main county portal.
Things to Do In Matthews
Matthews is an excellent choice of residency for any renter who wants to be able to enjoy privacy and tranquility, but also wants access to close-by modern city amenities. In the town, residents can frequent the shops, participate in cultural activities and enjoy the historic downtown area. For fun-filled Saturday nights, residents can hop in the car and quickly get to Charlotte.