Discover Houses for Rent in Mebane, NC
Mebane is a prominent city in North Carolina that's located in multiple counties. While the bulk of the city is found in Alamance County, other parts of Mebane actually fall within the borders of Orange County. Mebane is in central North Carolina, directly next to Durham and Greensboro. Families exploring homes for rent in Mebane have many unique stores and cultural locations to check out, such as Food Lion of Mebane, Mebane Presbyterian Church, Buffaloe Lanes Mebane, Mebane City Hall, Mebane Public Library and more.
Interesting Facts About Mebane
- The city owes its name to Brigadier General Alexander Mebane. The general served in the North Carolina militia, and later was a member of Congress
- Mebane has been known by other names throughout its history, such as Mebanesville, though the name was changed to Mebane in 1883.
- The railroad extended to the city in the mid 1800s.
- Economic growth began in Mebane in the late 1800s - prominent companies that had a instrumental hand in his growth included the White Furniture Company, Mebane Bedding Company and the Ridgeville Telephone Company. The tobacco industry has also played a major role in the town's economy.
- The community first obtained a charter in 1881, while that year also saw the town have its first mayor.
- Mebane's motto is "A Progressive Community, The Perfect Place to Call Home."
Resources for Renters