Explore Houses for Rent in Randleman, NC
Randleman is a city in North Carolina's Randolph County, near High Point and Greensboro. Homes for rent in the community provide access to a variety of great schools, amenities, restaurants and more, helping to make the city a pleasant and family-friendly place.
Facts About Randleman
- Randleman got its start in 1800 when the Dicks Grist Mill was established.
- The Naomi Methodist Church was an early house of worship in Randleman, organized in 1833.
- The city was called other names, such as Union, before residents settled on Randleman.
- The Union Factory in the community was built in the mid-1800s. The factory was owned by John Banner Randleman and John H. Ferree, who were instrumental in the development of Randleman.
- Randleman was officially incorporated in 1880.
- Randleman was the largest town in Randolph County in 1890.
- The High Point, Randleman, Asheboro, and Southern Railroad catalyzed the growth of the community.
- Water power provided by the nearby Deep River helped to make Randleman a flourishing manufacturing center during its early history.
- The government the city uses has changed over the years, settling on the current city manager/alderman form of government in 1978.
- Randleman's city hall and public library were established in 1973.
Helpful Resources for Renters
- Take a look at Randleman's official website to find information about the city that will be helpful for new renters getting situated. The city provides information on city services, city news, contact information, the city's history and more.
- The site for Randleman Public Library is a great resource for residents interested in finding books for leisure or exploring research options. You can find the library's location and hours, a calendar of events and more.
Details about the business community in the city are available on the site for the Randleman Chamber of Commerce. A description of the chamber and the latest news updates are features on the site.