Explore Houses for Rent in Rolesville, NC
Rolesville is a small community in North Carolina's Wake County, a very short distance from Raleigh, the state's capital city. Homes for rent in the small town offer residents access to parks, civic centers, schools, restaurants, shops and more.
Historical Facts About Rolesville
- Rolesville is one of the oldest communities in Wake County.
- The community was first incorporated in 1837.
- Rolesville was a farming community originally. Large portions of the land in the community have been developed into residential and commercial property, though family farms still operate in the town.
- The community is dynamic, routinely named one of the fastest growing communities in North Carolina.
- The town derives its name from William H. Roles. Roles, who started the first school in Rolesville, was a merchant, land owner, postmaster, cotton gin owner and cotton broker. The school was called the Rolesville Academy.
- Rolesville's motto is "Celebrating Our Past, Embracing our Future."
- Re-incorporation occurred in 1941. Subsequently, the town's boundaries were enlarged in 1945.
- The Marquis de Lafayette, French hero of the American Revolution, once stopped in Rolesville.
Helpful Resources for Renters
- Renters who want to learn about the business community in Rolesville can find many helpful pieces of information on the site for the Rolesville Chamber of Commerce. The site offers plenty of information on business listings, featured news, upcoming events, the chamber's contact information and more.
- Check out Rolesville's official website to learn about information that will help residents get situated in their new area. The site offers details on a variety of features, such as town departments, the town's mayor and commissioners, the community calendar, economic development, notable events and more.
- The Rolesville Buzz is an excellent local news source that covers a wide range of events in the town. The Buzz has a site that allows residents to explore stories on business, local events, education, opinion and more.