Find Exceptional Houses for Rent in Shelby, NC
Shelby is located roughly 45 miles west of Charlotte, and isn't far from the South Carolina and Tennessee borders of North Carolina. With all of the amenities of a fully functioning city and opportunities to take a load off in tranquil environments, Shelby has some of the most perfect homes for rent in all of eastern North Carolina.
Interesting Facts About Shelby
- Shelby is located in Cleveland County, while the vast majority of residents live in urban areas and smaller groups live in rural environments.
- The area earned the nickname of "City of Pleasant Living," especially because of its close proximity to the Blue Ridge Mountains, rolling foothills, Charlotte and Spartanburg.
- The city is named after legendary war hero Col. Isaac Shelby, who was a central figure during the Battle of Kings Mountain during the Revolutionary War.
- Shelby was incorporated in 1843.
Must-Have Resources for Shelby Renters
- The city's main website is helpful for new and old residents alike, and has plenty of information related to public works, city council hearings and more.
- For timely news and other local media coverage of the city, residents can go to the Shelby Star's website, which acts as the main journalistic voice in the area.
- As Shelby is a historic city with plenty of landmarks that are important to both the state and the nation, current and prospective residents should consider paging through a rundown of the area's origins provided by the National Park Service.
Potential Attractions in Shelby
Shelby residents have plenty of options when it comes time for rest, relaxation and recreation. From the Shelby City Park to Owl's Eye Vineyard and the Don Gibson Theater, homeowners won't have to go far to have a good time.