Discover Houses for Rent in Thomasville, NC
Thomasville is a city in North Carolina's Davidson County, near High Point and Lexington. Homes for rent in the community offer access to fantastic amenities, parks, coffee shops and churches - all of which help to make Thomasville a great place to raise a family in.
Historical Facts About Thomasville and Davidson County.
- Thomasville is named after John W. Thomas, a major proponent of the North Carolina Railroad.
- Thomasville is home to one of the oldest depots in North Carolina, built in 1870. The depot is noted on the National Register of Historic Places and can be visited today, as it now serves as the John W. Thomas Visitors' Center.
- The community is known for its role in the furniture trade. Thomasville is famed for the "Chair," an 18-foot chair that has been featured on prominent programs in the U.S., such as Good Morning America. The Chair is located in downtown Thomasville.
- Furniture has been an economic fixture in Thomasville for some time, and today the area is dotted with furniture outlets.
- Thomasville City Cemetery is a rare example of a cemetery home to both Confederate and Union soldiers from the Civil War.
- Historical information can be gleaned from the The Davidson County Historical Museum, located in nearby Lexington.
Helpful Resources for Renters
- Look into Thomasville's official website to learn more about the community, an excellent idea for renters currently unfamiliar with the area. Available is a vast range of the city's features, from government to tourism.
- The Thomasville Area Chamber of Commerce has a website that offers details about the business community. The chamber contains valuable information about membership in the chamber, area information, news and events and more.
- Educational resources can be found on the site for Thomasville City Schools. The district's website has resources on a wide range of district topics, from departments and programs to news and headlines.