Discover Houses for Rent in Anderson, OH
Anderson is one of twelve townships that make up Hamilton County. This places Anderson in the south-east area of Ohio, close to the Ohio River and only 15 minutes away from downtown Cincinnati. The township has gained fame as a coveted place to live, while homes for rent in Anderson will also introduce residents to one of the most populous townships in all of Ohio, full of great amenities, schools, cafes and more.
Historical Facts About Anderson
- The first settlers came to the area in 1788, settling along the Little Miami River.
- In 1793, Anderson became the fifth township that was founded in Hamilton County.
- Agricultural activities were prominent in the early economy of the township.
- The baby boom and ascendancy of suburbia after World War II saw Anderson become much more extensively developed. The development of two highways, I-275 and I-471, also played a pivotal role in the township's development.
- A number of parks were introduced into Anderson in 1976, called the Anderson Park District.
- Anderson's motto is "Ohio's first greenspace township."
Helpful Resources for Renters
- Anderson Township's official website allows renters to learn about the diverse elements that make the township unique. For example, there are features on numerous prominent aspects of life in the township, including news, upcoming events, a meeting schedule, departments and committees, a new resident guide, community information and more.
- Residents interested in learning about the patrimony of the township should visit the website for the Anderson Township Historical Society. The society puts on a number of exhibits related to the history of the township, has a history room with various preserved items from the township and more.
- The business community is well described on the website of the Anderson Area Chamber of Commerce, while additional information on events and programs, membership in the chamber and more is available for residents.