Find Houses for Rent in Brooklyn, OH
The Cleveland suburb of Brooklyn, Ohio, is located about 8 miles southwest of the larger metro. The rich cultural history and active neighborhoods make this an ideal place to set roots. A number of active sections of the city have their own personal flavor and style. Homes for rent in Brooklyn offer the opportunity to get to know the community and become involved with local organizations to build friendships.
Key Facts for Brooklyn Renters
- The original Brooklyn Township was founded in 1818. It officially became a village in 1927 and later attained the status of city in 1950.
- The city is served by a number of premium schools. Most of the children who reside within the city begin their educational career at the Brooklyn Preschool and Brooklyn Elementary before continuing on to Brooklyn Middle School and finally Brooklyn High School.
- The first filmed concert of famed Rock n' Roll star Elvis Presley is believed to have been performed in the Brooklyn High School auditorium on Oct. 20, 1955. The event was about a year before Presley performed for the very first time on "The Ed Sullivan Show."
Resources for Brooklyn Renters
- The official Brooklyn website offers residents and visitors a comprehensive list of events and municipality contact information.
- Families who wish to learn more about the local school system can visit the Brooklyn City Schools website to hear about planned building projects, attain a staff directory or learn about plans for the district.
Recreation Opportunities for Renters in Brooklyn
Brooklyn is a family-oriented community, which means many of its attractions focus on getting children and adults out of the house and participating in new activities. The Cpl. Knight Commons, Marquardt Park and Kiddie Park are all fun places to visit to stretch the legs.