Find Your Next House for Rent in Chardon, OH
Located 30 miles northeast of Cleveland is the historic community of Chardon, Ohio. Chardon is the only incorporated city in Geauga County, which happened on April 29, 2001, when the 2000 Census findings listed that the population exceeded 5,000. Homes for rent in this community are often surrounded by rolling hills and old forests unless the properties are located in the middle of the city and its centrally located neighborhoods.
Key Facts About Chardon
- The City of Chardon is the home of the Geauga County Maple Festival. The event was founded in 1926 to try and market the Ohio maple syrup industry and make it a significant competitor of Vermont's maple syrup.
- Captain Edward Paine Jr. was one of the first pioneers who settled the area of Chardon and its founder. His temporary home when he first moved to the region eventually became the first courthouse on Chardon Square.
- Families with children can select from a number of elementary schools serving the area, including Park Elementary, Munson Elementary, Hambden Elementary and Maple Elementary. Once children graduate from one of these four institutions, they can enter Chardon Middle School and later Chardon High School.
Quality Resources for Chardon Renters
- The Chardon city website provides access to a host of great information about the metro, including a community events page, a snow information manual and links to other quality resources.
- The City of Chardon Municipal Government runs an official Facebook page where residents and visitors can remain informed about current events being held in the metro and local area.
What Renters can Do in Chardon
A number of family-friendly festivals are held in the Chardon city center and other key neighborhood areas. Besides the famous Geauga County Maple Festival, there is also an annual Fall Festival.