Discover Houses for Rent in Elyria, OH
The city of Elyria is known for its beautiful views and history of innovation. As the 14th largest city in Ohio, this metro offers a wide range of amenities and the opportunity to get involved in many family-friendly events and groups. Homes for rent in this Ohio city have access to the beauty of the natural landscape of the region and the comforts of city living.
Things Renters Should Know About Elyria
- Elyria is a city of firsts, and is home to the Easter Seal Society, the first chartered high school west of the Allegheny Mountains, the first sewing machine, the modern padded bicycle seat, the rubber heel, the term "hamburger" and the colored golf ball.
- The city is located at the forks of the Black River, which is included in the beautiful natural landscape of Cascade Park. Elyria is also the seat of Lorain County.
- Residents can take time to learn a new skill or complete their degree by attending classes at the Lorain County Community College, which is located in Elyria.
- The region surrounding Elyria was once referred to as "the Rustbelt." This is due to the historical decline in the amount of industry in the region, which was previously so plentiful. The city is once again thriving because of new industry and the metro's reputation as an ideal community for families.
Important Resources for Elyria Renters
- The official city website for Elyria is an excellent resource for residents who want to stay up to date about all of the various municipalities and departments that run out of City Hall. Visitors and residents are encouraged to learn about Elyria from its website.
- The Chronicle-Telegram covers all of the local news in the greater Elyria region.
Recreational Activities in Elyria
Residents who enjoy the great outdoors are in luck in Elyria. Despite being a decent-sized metro, the city is home to a number of parks and recreational centers, as well as the famous Cascade Park, which includes the Black River and small waterfalls.