864 Houses For Rent in Grove City, OH
Number of Bedrooms
Grove City House Options
Looking for more?
Find Houses for Rent in Grove City, OH
Grove City is a charming community located in Franklin County. It's approximately 25 minutes from the city of Columbus. Homes for rent allow families to play a round of mini golf at Putt N Play, have a scenic picnic at Fryer Park or watch an exciting horse race at Beulah Park.
Facts for Renters
- Grove City's history began with a few pioneers. The first settler in the area was Hugh Grant, a grist mill operator from Pittsburgh. Grant often would explore the area as he sold his goods. One day, he was delighted by what he saw and decided to move onto the land.
- The founder of the city was William Breck, who came to the town with an interest for farming and agriculture. He purchased more than 15 acres of land from Grant's son and another 300 nearby to be a farm. Breck realized the potential of his land given the location of a nearby main road. He decided to create Grove City. The town was named for the remaining groves of trees after construction.
- Beulah Park was the first horse racetrack in Ohio. It became popular because of its nearby location to the electric line. Residents and visitors can still go there today to see who wins.
- Many women and men in the community served in World War II. After the war, housing boomed as people sought jobs at major companies like General Motors.
- Thanks to the location near highways, many farm fields became prosperous businesses.
Resources for Renters
- Learn more about the extensive history of this rural town by visiting the Grove City website.
- Get the local scoop of current events, local happenings and even the weekly weather from the town newspaper the Grove City Record.
- Interested in enrolling your children in local schools? Want to become part of the school committee? Find out all you need to know on the South-Western City School District website.