Discover Houses for Rent in Kent, OH
The historical community of Kent prides itself on its family-friendly neighborhoods. The quaint downtown area has a number of locally owned and operated businesses that provide excellent retail opportunities or dining. As the largest city in Portage County, Kent is a growing community with plenty of homes for rent. Located about 38 miles southeast of Cleveland and 13 miles northeast of Akron, residents can quickly visit other nearby Ohio metros if desired.
3 Key Facts About Kent
- The city of Kent used to be two separate villages known as Carthage and Franklin Mills. The forefathers of the town renamed the area Kent in 1864 to honor Marvin Kent, who was responsible for bringing the railroad and major industry to the villages in 1863. Kent became officially incorporated as a village in 1867.
- Kent is known as the "Tree City," because in the late 1800s, John Davey, an expert horticulturalist, planted hundreds of trees throughout the city. Today these trees have grown mature and provide plenty of shade for residents.
- The area of Kent has a long and proud history involved with the underground railroad.
Significant Resources for Kent Renters
- Find out about the various city services available to residents on Kent's official website. The site also includes up-to-date information about current events and programs that are being held in the area.
- To encourage residents to have an active and healthy lifestyle, Kent's Parks and Recreation Department holds a number of events and ensures that various areas under its control are maintained. Check out the Parks and Recreation website to learn more about the opportunities available in Kent.
Keep Entertained in Kent
The historic community has many amenities and entertainment options available within the city limits. Music and theater groups often come to the area to perform near Kent State University.