Look for Houses for Rent in Monroe, OH
Monroe is a family-oriented city located in Butler County with a small portion extending into Warren County. The historic city is also a short drive from Trenton and Middletown. Monroe has the bustling atmosphere that makes most cities a center for entertainment and it also consists of close-knight neighborhoods catering to families looking for homes for rent.
Fact for Renters
- A pioneer named John Baker is believed to have been the first inhabitant of Butler County. He built a double log cabin on top of a hill that overlooks what is now 127 Lebanon Street.
- In September 1817, the city of Monroe was established and named after then- President James Monroe.
- Monroe has an annual Harvest Festival that attracts residents from the surrounding area and features live music and seasonal food.
- The A-Maze-N-Funhouse is a unique source of entertainment for children in the area at EnterTRAINment Junction. The site also houses the display of the world's largest indoor model train for a truly one-of-a-kind experience.
- History buffs and art enthusiasts flock to Butler County's endless array of museums and art galleries, including the Ancient Sculpture Museum at Pyramid Hill, the Art of Symmes gallery and the BeauVerre Riordan Stained Glass Studio.
- MetroParks of Butler County offers families more than 3,000 acres of land for a variety of fun outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, horseback riding and camping. It also has play areas and picnic shelters for residents of all ages.
Resources for Renters
- For more information regarding Butler County's attractions and the history of the area, visit the Butler County Visitors Bureau website.
- If you're looking to become more involved in the local school district and to stay up to date on school events, check out the Monroe Local Schools website for more information.
Today's Pulse is the city's newspaper, informing residents of local trending new stories.