Find Houses for Rent in Troy, OH
Located near Tipp City and Trotwood, Troy has been the county seat of Miami County for close to 200 years. Homes for rent in the city mingle with historic buildings like the Miami County Courthouse and natural landmarks like the Great Miami River.
Fun Facts About Troy
- Named after the ancient city, Troy experienced similar turmoil when the Great Flood of 1913 caused the Great Miami River and other tributaries to overflow after days of torrential rains. The flood was estimated to cause about $300 million of damage.
- The Miami Shores Golf Course lays claim to being the only country club in Miami County to share a border with the river that cuts through the region. Aside from traditional twosomes and foursomes, Miami Shores is available for private events that can accommodate up to 128 golfers at once.
- Though it might not draw international headliners, the Hobart Arena is multi-purpose venue that has hosted hockey games, Christmas extravaganzas, comedy events and much more.
Important Resources for Troy Renters
- As the county seat, Troy's official website has every piece of information renters need to start a life in the city. From community events to accurate, real-time demographic data, renters should bookmark this site for quick and frequent reference.
Troy City Schools features six elementary schools, a specialty middle school, a junior high and high school. Parents can find contact information for everything from athletics to student counselors at each of the schools.
- There's never a reason to be bored in Troy, and Explore Troy, Ohio lets renters pick from local events and popular restaurants in the area to liven up any weekend.