Find Houses for Rent in Vandalia, OH
Located near Tipp City and Trotwood, Vandalia is a suburban community that also serves as the hub of the area's economic activity thanks to its location in the heart of western Ohio. Homes for rent in Vandalia are mostly colonial, but some are built in the post-modern style, which creates an aesthetically pleasing design clash all throughout the city.
Fun Facts About Vandalia
- While no one knows the exact history of Vandalia's name, legend has it that the city's first settler, Benjamin Wilhelm, was traveling to Vandalia, Illinois when he decided to stop here instead.
- Vandalia is the home of the Dayton International Airport, a mid-sized commercial and consumer hub with daily flights to nearby cities like Chicago and destinations across the country.
- Vandalia is located at the junction of I-75 and I-70, two of the country's most important interstate highways, which has led some to nickname the city "The Crossroads of America."
Important Resources for Renters in Vandalia
Vandalia-Butler City Schools are not only known for their academic proficiency across all grade levels, but the district also boasts a well-funded and accomplished athletic program that includes several options for male and female student-athletes.
- The Vandalia Drummer News has been covering the goings-on in the city since 1979. Renters can participate in daily polls, keep track of important events and even check up-to-date gas prices around town.
- Renters should direct all their questions about Vandalia at the city's official website, which compiles a list of upcoming town hall meetings, recently passed ordinances and advice for families new to the area.