Find Houses for Rent in Bethany, OK
Located just 10 miles from Oklahoma City, Bethany, Okla., offers a small-town feeling but provides amenities similar to that of a larger metro area - perfect for families looking for homes for rent.
7 Interesting Facts About Bethany for Renters
- The city of Bethany was created in 1819 - 16 years after the Louisiana Purchase. It wasn't until 1910 that the city was incorporated.
- Bethany's land was owned by the Creek Indians until the American Civil War.
- Bethany is located in Oklahoma County, and was formerly a popular stopping point for travelers driving on the 39th Street Expressway - part of historic Route 66 - that runs through the city.
- Bethany is named after the biblical community adjoining Jerusalem. The city's pioneers wanted a community where they could freely express their religious beliefs.
- The city hosts a Freedom Festival each year around the Fourth of July at Eldon Lyon Park. The festival includes carnival rides, a car show, contests and live music.
- Astronaut Shannon Lucid is from Bethany.
- Bethany is home to Southern Nazarene University.
Key Resources for Bethany Renters
- The City of Bethany runs a blog at its website, where residents can stay up to date on community events and read city news and alerts.
- The local government has a Facebook page where residents can also learn about Bethany news.
- The Bethany Tribune newspaper started publication in 1923, and continues to offer residents local news.
Things to Do in Bethany
- During the holidays, residents can enjoy the Christmas Wonderland at The Children's Center in Bethany. The Children's Center is a medical and education center for children with special health needs.
- Families can exercise together at Anytime Fitness, located in Bethany.