Find Houses for Rent in Guthrie, OK
Guthrie, Okla., has a rich architectural history and hosts fun annual events, offering an interesting place for families looking for homes for rent.
Interesting Facts About Guthrie for Renters
- Guthrie is located in Logan County, about 30 miles north of Oklahoma City. It was established in 1889 and named after Kansas jurist John Guthrie.
- The city's historic downtown area is a National Historic Landmark. Public and private initiatives have helped preserve the unique 19th- and early 20th-century architecture of the area. It's also the largest Historic Preservation District in the nation.
- Guthrie was formerly a primitive prairie stop along the AT&SF Railroad, but its population skyrocketed during the historic Land Run.
- Guthrie was the territorial capital of Oklahoma until 1913.
Key Resources for Guthrie Renters
Things to Do in Guthrie
- The whole family can enjoy cowboy and Western events at the Lazy E Arena - one of the largest and most respected venues of its kind in the U.S.
- Guthrie is home to one of the nation's oldest drive-in movie theaters, the Beacon Drive-In.
- The Double Stop Fiddle Shop & Music Hall serves as a fun live music venue.
- Guthrie Gunfights are historical reenactments that take place each Saturday in the summer, giving families a taste of the Old West.
- Guthrie Lake offers fishing and other recreation opportunities, like a children's playground.
- The Cedar Valley Golf Club is just one of the local golf courses families can enjoy.
- The official sports museum of Oklahoma is located in Guthrie as well.