Find Houses for Rent in Midwest City, OK
In Oklahoma County, not far from Oklahoma City, is Midwest City, Okla., which is an excellent place for families looking for homes for rent.
Interesting Facts About Midwest City for Renters
- Midwest City was founded in 1942 by builder W.P. Bill Atkinson, who purchased thousands of undeveloped acres of land intended to serve Army personnel, their families and a civilian workforce. Atkinson found out the U.S. Army was looking for a spot for an Army Air Corp center in the middle of the country, and thought the land that became Midwest City served as a prime spot.
- Tinker Air Force Base was later built in Midwest City.
- The city was constructed with the Army base mind, keeping shops close to homes and schools and parks within short distances for kids to enjoy, while parents could easily walk across the street to work.
- Midwest City gained national attention when it became a model town for post-war development.
- The city has earned numerous honors throughout the decades, including being honored as "America's Model City" and being named the most affordable suburb in America.
Key Resources for Midwest City Renters
- Midwest City residents can stay up to date with community and regional news with the numerous local news outlets, including the Midwest City Sun, the Midwest Journal, the Midwest City Leader and Midwest City News.
- New residents can learn about the community's seven quality of life essentials at the Midwest Chamber of Commerce's website.
- Renters can find out about other local resources at the city's official website.
Things to Do in Midwest City
- The city hosts family-friendly community events year-round. Renters can check the city's calendar for these local activities.
- Families can visit the Atkinson Heritage Center to learn about the city's owner and history, or visit the Major Charles B. Hall Memorial Air Park to find out about the first all-black unit of the U.S. Army Air Corps.
- The Rose State Performing Arts Center also offers live performances for families to enjoy.