Find Houses for Rent in Norman, OK
Norman, Okla., is the third-largest city in the state of Oklahoma and recognized as one of the most progressive places in the state to live. The city also has other perks for families looking for homes for rent, as the Norman Public Schools system has been rated as a top school system in Oklahoma.
4 Facts About Norman for Renters
- The town's name comes from Abner E. Norman, who was a surveyor sent to the area to survey Indian territory. Norman carved his name into an elm tree, and early settlers kept the name after the historical Land Run.
- The city was developed primarily around the Santa Fe Railroad and later became the headquarters for the railway. The Santa Fe Depot, which was deeded to the city in 1972, now serves as a historic landmark used for parties, banquets as well as a daily Amtrak passenger service station.
- Norman is home to the University of Oklahoma, which is the state's premier higher education institute.
- The community also provides resources for senior citizens, offering affordable and convenient health care and activities for retired residents.
Key Resources for Norman Renters
Things to Do in Norman
- Norman has 25 festivals and events each year, and is home to historical attractions where families can visit and learn about the community's history.
- Five local golf courses also provide a fun activity for area renters.
- Families can spend time at the local zoo, enjoy miniature golf courses, race carts or visit other events at the Cleveland County Fairgrounds.
- Norman holds an annual Medieval Fair.