Find Houses for Rent in Yukon, OK
Located just outside Oklahoma City, on the east side of Canadian County, sits Yukon, Okla., a community with great schools and affordable housing, making it an ideal spot for families looking for homes for rent.
Interesting Facts About Yukon for Renters
- Yukon was founded in 1891 by A. N. Spencer, who began establishing the town while he was building a rail line between El Reno and Arkansas. At the time, he noticed there were no towns between El Reno and Oklahoma City, and began buying land and building homes in what's now Yukon.
- The city served as an urban center for area farmers in the early days.
- Yukon experienced significant growth when the Yukon Mill and Grain Company came to town in the late 1890s.
- Yukon is the hometown of country star Garth Brooks.
- The city experienced a major construction boom at the start of the 21st century.
- Yukon attracts many workers from Oklahoma City, and has become known as a "bedroom" community for the metropolis.
Key Resources for Yukon Renters
- New residents can find city information and learn about city services at Yukon's official website. Renters can also stay up to date with community news by visiting the city's official Facebook page.
Things to Do in Yukon
- Yukon is home to one of the largest outdoor free festivals in the state of Oklahoma - the Oklahoma Czech Festival, which includes music, costumed dances, a parade and Czech delicacies.
- The Yukon Historical Museum offers residents a chance to learn about the community's history, including the town's heritage.
- The Express Clydesdales Ranch, with its beautiful Clydesdales and barn restored by Amish barn specialists in 1997, offers a family-friendly activity.
- Yukon has a historic downtown area that offers unique and fun shopping experiences.