Explore Houses for Rent in King City, OR
King City is situated in an optimal location, sandwiched between the Tualatin River and Bull Mountain in Oregon's idyllic Washington County. People seeking local homes for rent will no doubt appreciate the fact that from King City, they can be in the heart of Portland in fewer than 30 minutes and kicking back at the beach or hiking in the mountains within an hour.
Useful Facts for King City Renters
- King City operates under the council-manager form of government. It has a mayor and six city councilors.
- The city is served by King City Union School District.
- Chances are you'll hear the name "Urban Growth Boundary" sooner rather than later if you elect to move to King City. This term describes the point at which urban life in Washington County gives way to a more agricultural setting composed of farms, wineries, nurseries and the like - and King City is right on the edge of it.
Resources for Residents
- Got a question about life in King City? The city's official website can probably answer it.
- The Washington County website is another great resource for information about everything from acquiring a marriage license to planning a day out.
Things to Do in King City
Washington County boasts a range of recreational areas that promise fun for the whole family, including the Banks-Vernonia State Trail, Tillamook State Forest and the Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve. The area also hosts a number of events and festivals year-round, from wine and food festivals in the fall to farmer's markets, an air show, a balloon festival and more in the summer.