Locate Houses for Rent in Duquesne, PA
Part of the greater Pittsburgh metropolitan area, the city of Duquesne is located in Allegheny County along the Monongahela River. This city has a long history of community events, an appreciation of local culture and talents and many preserved sites. Homes for rent in this community are sought after because of their character and close proximity to Pittsburgh.
Important Facts About Duquesne
- Residents with children can send their kids to the fine institutions included in the Duquesne City School District, which is dedicated to preparing students with the skills they need to succeed in life whatever their path, including furthering their education, entering the military or starting a vocation.
- Duquesne was first settled in 1789 and incorporated in 1891. The area was first settled as an industrial site with a productive steel mill, and it now features the largest blast furnace in the world, named "Dorothy Six."
- Duquesne is about 10 miles east of Pittsburgh along Interstate 376, which means residents can travel to the larger metro every day for work with a quick 20- to 30-minute commute.
Fun Resources for Duquesne Renters
- Residents can stay abreast of the current events in the city and the latest developments by visiting the official Duquesne website. The resource includes important information about city ordinances and utility services that are available to locals.
- Parents, children and educators use the Duquesne City School District website as an informational resource that provides access to administrative contact information, a calendar of events and pre-requisites for any extracurricular activities.
Activities Available in and Around Duquesne
Residents of Duquesne can easily take a drive to Pittsburgh during the weekend to visit the thriving neighborhoods and many entertainment venues there when they're looking to get out of the house.