Discover Houses for Rent in Gibsonia, PA
Just 30 minutes from Pittsburgh, Gibsonia is the perfect place to find homes for rent. It's part of the Richland Township, right near the expansive North Park. With the Pennsylvania Turnpike to the south, Gibsonia is easily accessible and provides plenty of opportunities to explore other areas of the Keystone State.
Fun Facts About Gibsonia
- Gibsonia was named after the Gibson family, specifically Charles Gibson Jr. He built a homestead that became the community's general store and post office. Gibson was also the owner of the most westward steam flour mill, which he opened during the Civil War. The Gibson home was destroyed by a fire in the early 20th century.
- A section of the B&O Railroad opened in Gibsonia around 1870 to transport goods between Allegheny and New Castle. The railroad expanded from a single track to double tracks in the next decade, in addition to several stations along the line.
Useful Information for Renters
- Take a look at the Richland Township website for a plethora of helpful hints for new residents. With details about town departments, officials, news and events, there's nothing more you need. There is also a section for downloadable forms as well as contact information for various town offices and services.
- Gibsonia has four elementary schools, one middle school and one high school. It's part of the Pine-Richland School District. Valuable information can be found on the district website, such as lists of athletics and after school activities, a directory of school board members and a calendar of events. There's also a summary of the district's academic organization and a section for you to take advantage of services offered.
- There are plenty of news sources to choose from for happenings around Allegheny County. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review and WTAE Channel 4 Action News all cover the region.