Find Houses for Rent in Hershey, PA
Often called The Sweetest Place on Earth, Hershey is a town built around the famous chocolate factory. It's just 15 miles from Harrisburg, but there are plenty of homes for rent where the air supposedly smells like chocolate.
Milton Hershey started making Hershey's chocolate in 1905, having opened a factory near several Pennsylvanian dairy farms. He wanted to build a model town for his employees that went above and beyond the typical company town row houses. Hershey commission the town to be built during the Great Depression, creating jobs for a slew of people.
Fun Facts About Hershey
- Visit Hershey's Chocolate World to learn how chocolate is made and stop by the Hershey Museum for exhibits that offer a comprehensive view of the town's history.
- Hershey Park has more than 65 amusement rides for residents and tourists to enjoy.
- Keeping with the chocolate theme, the town's street lamps are shaped like Hershey's Kisses.
Resources for Renters
- For more information about the town and everything it has to offer, check out the official tourism website of the state of Pennsylvania. With lists of activities, restaurants, festivals and exhibits, you'll never be bored in your new town.
- If you have school-age children, they'll attend the Derry Township School District. Take a peek at the website to see current curricula, athletic opportunities and an events calendar. You can also find contact information for various administrators and offices on the district's site.
- Peruse the online edition of The Patriot-News to see what's happening in central Pennsylvania. In addition to breaking news, local events coverage and classifieds, the website has links to Hershey blogs and helpful external sites.