Enjoy Houses for Rent in Moon Township, PA
The homes for rent in Moon Township provide residents with access to family-friendly neighborhoods. Located along the Ohio River, Moon Township is part of the Pittsburgh metro area. The township is about 12 miles northwest of Pittsburgh, close enough for residents to easily commute to the larger metro for work or fun.
3 Key Facts About Moon Township
- Moon Township is the oldest township in Allegheny County and was founded in 1788. It covers about 143 square miles and has undergone significant changes through the years, going from an industrial site to a quiet suburb, so the township has a rich history.
- Moon Township has a number of parks located within its borders, including Moon Park, Robin Hill Park, Mooncrest Park and Olson Park.
- The West Hills Shopping Center is considered to be the heart of the area's commercial businesses. A number of national chains reside in the retail spot and allow residents to get their errands done easily and without much travel.
Important Resources for Moon Township Renters
- The Moon Township official website provides residents with access to a calendar of events, contact information for the area's municipalities and an overview of the committee minutes. This allows everyone to remain aware of what's happening with public works.
- Residents who wish to wake up listening to the news may want to consider tuning into Moon Community Access Television. The community-based network provides educational and governmental programming for residents.
Fun Activities in Moon Township
The family-friendly community of Moon Township provides quick access to all of the entertainment options available in Pittsburgh. For those who want to stay closer to home, the township also has a park with a stage for entertainment shows and a pavilion for picnics and barbecues.