Discover Houses for Rent in Munhall, PA
The charming community of Munhall is a wonderful place to raise a family because of its many programs and services directed to meet the needs of everyone at all ages. Located about 8 miles southeast of Pittsburgh, the borough is within easy commuting distance for those who work in the larger metro. As a result, homes for rent are in high demand by families who enjoy the quiet of a small suburb, but also access to the excitement of a city.
Fabulous Facts About Munhall
- Munhall is located in Allegheny County, Penn., and is situated on the west bank of the Monongahela River. Because of its location on the river, the area was once a thriving industrial region and the Homestead Works of the Carnegie Steel Company still partially exists in Munhall.
- The public schools made available to Munhall residents and their children are part of the Steel Valley School District. These institutions include Franklin Primary Center, Barrett Elementary School, Park Elementary School, Steel Valley Middle School and Steel Valley High School.
- Carnegie Mellon Brownfield Studies and the Western Pennsylvania Brownfields Center at Carnegie Mellon University serve the area by acting as a regional resource for organizations and small businesses in the community.
Key Resources for Munhall Renters
- Residents and visitors can check out the official Munhall borough website to learn about the various departments serving the area and how to contact them if needed. The site also includes links to local entertainment options and facts about the region.
- The Steel Valley School District website is a key resource for parents and students who want to stay up to date about the latest news regarding the school year.
What to Do in and Around Munhall
The proximity of Munhall to Pittsburgh hasn't deterred development in the area - residents and visitors enjoy the many shopping, dining and entertainment opportunities available at the Waterfront.