Locate Houses for Rent in New Kensington, PA
The city of New Kensington is an exciting hot-bed community with plenty of things to do for residents and visitors. The historic downtown district has evolved from a 19th-century village to a bustling community following World War II. Because of the robust commercial center, homes for rent in the neighboring residential areas are highly sought after.
Fun Facts About New Kensington
- Residents with children can send their kids to one of the fine public school institutions that are a part of the New Kensington-Arnold School District. Included in the school district is the Fort Crawford School, Martin School, Greenwald Memorial School, HD Berkey School, Valley Middle School and Valley High School.
- Locals and visitors can take a hike, play a game or exercise with friends and family at one of the many parks in New Kensington, including Memorial Park, Parnassus Park, Fairmont Park, JFK Playground and Summit Street Park.
- The first public sale of property lots in New Kensington happened on June 10, 1891. Buyers were invited to the event by being given a free train ride from Pittsburgh to the area and refreshments to encourage property purchases.
Important Resources for New Kensington Renters
- The best resource for a visitor or resident is the official New Kensington website, which provides a calendar of events, contact information for officials and municipal departments and code enforcement and zoning details. The website also allows residents to fill out necessary paperwork and make payments to the city.
- Parents and students who want to stay prepared throughout the school year can visit the New Kensington-Arnold School District website for a calendar of events, administrative contact information and access to multiple resources.
What to Do in and Around New Kensington
The thriving commercial sector in New Kensington provides residents with an easy way to find entertainment, shop and run everyday errands.