Enjoy Houses for Rent in Oakmont, PA
The borough of Oakmont sits in the middle of the rolling hills of Pennsylvania alongside the Allegheny River. Tucked into the countryside, this quaint community provides residents access to the city of Pittsburgh, which is only about 13 miles southwest of Oakmont. Homes for rent in this family-friendly suburb come in a wide range of styles and sizes - ideal for a growing family or a couple just starting out.
Key Facts About Oakmont
- Residents with children can send their kids to one of the fine institutions included in the Riverview School District, which includes Verner Elementary, Tenth Street Elementary and Riverview Junior and Senior High School.
- The community of Oakmont was established in 1889 and is in Allegheny County. It's considered to be one of the suburbs included in the Pittsburgh metro area.
- Oakmont County Club is one of the country's oldest and top-ranked golf courses. The course is so well regarded that it was once used in the U.S. Open Championships.
Important Resources for Oakmont Renters
- Residents and visitors who want to learn about the latest news or events impacting the area of Oakmont can check out the borough's official website. The resource includes a list of area officials and contact information for all of the area's municipalities.
- Parents and guardians of children who attend one of the institutions included in the Riverview School District can check out the district's website to learn about the various programs being held at school. The site includes a digital copy of the district manual, contact information for school administrators and a calendar of events.
What to Do In and Around Oakmont
Residents of Oakmont can enjoy the variety of shopping and dining establishments located in the downtown area. Because Pittsburgh is a quick commute away, there's always something to do for Oakmont residents.