Locate Houses for Rent in Parkesburg, PA
Among the many high-quality townships in Pennsylvania, Parkesburg stands out because of its beautiful parks and landscape. Located about 50 miles outside of Philadelphia and 16 miles south of Morgantown, the homes for rent in this community allow residents to enjoy the peace and quiet of the rolling hills of Pennsylvania.
Important Facts About Parkesburg
- Parkesburg was first known as the Fountain Inn because of the tavern that was the center of the community in 1734. This inn stopped operating as a tavern around 1836 and later became the community's first post office in 1872.
- Minch Park provides residents plenty of opportunities to stretch their legs. Located along West Street, the 10-acre park has a children's playground, a pavilion, basketball court, tennis courts, football field, baseball fields and more.
- The Parkesburg Free Library is dedicated to supplying residents with access to books, music, software and more. It's not uncommon to find locals checking out books or movies for pleasure or even researching a topic.
- The Parkesburg Amtrak Station allows residents to quickly travel to and from Philadelphia, New York City and other metros.
Key Resources for Parkesburg Renters
- Locals and visitors can use the official Parkesburg website to learn about how to best contact municipalities serving the area. The resource even has an online payments portal, information for visitors about key amenities and features in the area and a minutes outline of all town meetings.
- To stay up to date with the latest news in Parkesburg, residents and visitors can pick up their own copy of Parkesburg Today or visit the newspaper's website.
What to Do in and Around Parkesburg
The quiet borough of Parkesburg has a number of retailers and dining establishments, including a mix of locally owned small businesses and national brands.