Discover Houses for Rent in Scranton, Pennsylvania
Scranton is in Lackawanna County. Nearby cities include Throop, Dunmore and Dickson City. Scranton is home to Marywood University which offers specialty courses on speech language pathology and more. The campus itself is a national arboretum containing more than 100 species of trees. It's a part of the university's core goals of achieving sustainability. The University of Scranton is also located in Scranton. More than 3,900 students are currently enrolled there. Both schools make Scranton a young, thriving community. It's a great place for families who are looking for homes for rent. See for yourself all it has to offer.
Fun Facts about Scranton
- Take a tour of the Everhart Museum of natural history, science and art. Current exhibits include "What the Dinosaurs Did Last Night!" which was created by a set of parents. The couple initially started taking photos of their children's dinosaur toys to try to convince their little ones that the inanimate objects would come to life while they were sleeping.
- Go skiing, snowboarding or tubing at Montage Mountain. You can bring your own gear or rent equipment on the premises. During the summer, a water park opens on the grounds.
- Catch a live show, or just walk around and take a tour of magic memorabilia that's on display at the Houdini Museum.
Information for Renters
- Check out the city's official website if you'd like to learn more about the different city departments, upcoming events or for information on the mayor.
- Visit The Greater Scranton Chamber of Commerce website to learn more about business in the area, or for resources on work and leisurely activities in the area. You can also find out how to become a member of the organization on the site.