Locate Houses for Rent in Turtle Creek, PA
Located in the middle of wooded hills in western Pennsylvania is the quiet community of Turtle Creek. The borough is located on the floodplains of Turtle Creek and Thompson Run - just about 10 miles southeast of Pittsburgh. Covering just under 1 square mile of land in Allegheny County, this borough is an ideal place for those living in homes for rent. The easy access to Pittsburgh allows residents who work in the larger metro to easily drive to and from work without wasting considerable time in traffic.
Key Facts About Turtle Creek
- Residents with children can send their kids to one of the superb schools that make up the Woodland Hills School District. More than a few schools are available for parents to select from, including Wilkins Elementary, Shaffer Elementary, Edgewood Elementary, Fairless Elementary, Dickson Elementary, Woodland Hills Academy, Woodland Hills Junior High and Woodland Hills High School.
- Those traveling to and from Turtle Creek are in luck because of the many major roads that go through or near the borough. Drivers can take routes 30 and 130 to reach Pittsburgh or any other nearby metros.
- The name of the borough comes from a creek that used to run through the area and attached to the Monongahela River.
Resources for Turtle Creek Renters
- Residents who wish to remain up to date about what's going on in the community in real time can visit the official Turtle Creek, Penn., - Office of the Mayor Facebook page. The social media account allows fans to look at photos from town events, hear about potential changes to the town bylaws and even hear fun stories about locals.
- The official Allegheny County website provides people with information about the services and municipalities available in the area, as well as how to best contact these departments or organizations.
What to Do in and Around Turtle Creek
Many of the locals enjoy spending the weekends taking a ride into Pittsburgh and attending a show or event in the larger metro.