Enjoy Houses for Rent in Venetia, PA
The tiny community of Venetia is noted for being a wonderful place to raise kids because of the lack of busy distractions. The small community features a number of family-friendly neighborhoods with high-quality homes for rent. Located about 17 miles south of Pittsburgh, this rural town is a bit off the beaten path for regular commuters, but is hardly a long drive from the larger metro.
Primary Facts About Venetia
- Venetia is one of two inner townships that make up Peters Township in Washington County.
- Children who attend public school in Venetia are most likely to go to one of the institutions that are a part of the Peters Township School District, which includes Pleasant Valley Elementary, Bower Hill Elementary, McMurray Elementary, Peters Township Middle School and Peters Township High School.
- Washington County was created by an act of the Pennsylvania General Assembly and was named in honor of Gen. George Washington, before Washington was elected as president.
2 Top Resources for Venetia Renters
- Residents with children should make it a regular habit to check out the Peters Township School District website when kids are in school. This resource provides access to a complete events and important dates calendar, a description of each school in the district, a quick links portal for parents, a staff directory and a copy of the district manual.
- The official Washington County website has a number of key features, including a services page that lists the available municipalities and contact information for area departments.
What to Do in and Around Venetia
Venetia is part of the larger Peters Township, which includes a few locally owned and operated businesses for shopping and dining. Residents are also fond of outdoor sports, including hiking, hunting and running.