Discover Houses for Rent in West Mifflin, PA
Tucked in a bed between the curving Monongahela River is the charming community of West Mifflin. The borough in Allegheny County is located about 11 miles southeast of Pittsburgh. Although the borough is largely residential, it's home to one of America's oldest traditional amusement parks, which draws in visitors each summer. The mixture of residential and commercial interest and family-friendly atmosphere of the community makes homes for rent in West Mifflin highly desirable.
Key Facts About West Mifflin
- West Mifflin was named after the first elected governor of Pennsylvania, Gov. Thomas Mifflin. This community has been the site of many historic moments, including the engagement of military operations of troops led by Gen. George Washington.
- Kennywood Park is one of the oldest traditional amusement parks in America. Founded in 1898, the park has grown from a single carousel to dozens of rides, including thrill-inducing roller coasters.
- The West Mifflin Area School District provides area students with a high-quality education at one of its institutions, which include West Mifflin Cyber Academy, New Emerson Elementary, Homeville Elementary, Clara Barton Elementary, West Mifflin Area Middle School and West Mifflin Area High School.
Primary Resources for West Mifflin Renters
- Locals get the latest news about the community and the larger area surrounding West Mifflin by reading the Daily News McKeesport newspaper. The digital copy of the source is updated throughout the day, which means readers can stay up to date in real time.
- The official borough of West Mifflin website provides residents with information about the various departments and municipalities serving the area.
What to Do in and Around West Mifflin
During the summer, many of the locals enjoy taking a day or two to visit Kennywood Park and enjoy the thrill of riding fast-paced rides. There are also a few locally owned and operated retailers and restaurants in the greater area.