Locate Houses for Rent in Coventry, RI
The quintessential New England town of Coventry is an ideal community for families who want to live in a quiet and beautiful area. Located about 16 miles southwest of Providence, the residential area is near enough to the city for easy commuting, but far enough for the night sky to remain clear of city lights. Many of the neighborhoods and homes for rent are on quiet streets lined with established forests.
Fast Facts About Coventry
- Those who enjoy spending the summer at the beach are also in luck, as Apponaug Cove and many other access points to the ocean are less than 10 miles away.
- A number of old villages dating back to the 19th century are located in Coventry, including Coventry Centre, Barclay and Summit. Located in these villages and throughout the community are about a dozen historic homes, such as the Isaac Bowen House.
- Residents with children can send their kids to one of the many fine educational facilities that serve the area. The Coventry School District includes Western Coventry Elementary, Washington Oak Elementary, Hopkins Hill Elementary, Tiogue Elementary, Blackrock Elementary, Alan Shawn Feinstein Middle School of Coventry and Coventry High School.
Informative Resources for Coventry Renters
- The official town of Coventry website provides residents and visitors with contact information for the departments and officials serving the community.
- Parents of children attending school at one of the institutions that are included in the Coventry School District can visit the district's website to learn about the various programs available for kids and access Web-based tools.
What to Do in and Around Coventry
Residents of Coventry love the quiet, rural nature of the community. Those who want to experience the amenities of the city can easily drive into Providence or check out the tourist spots located along the ocean.