Locate Houses for Rent in Cranston, RI
The city of Cranston has grown from a small town into one of the primary cities in the state of Rhode Island. Located about 6 miles south of Providence, this suburb of the larger metro is tucked off Interstate 95 and routes 2 and 12. The plethora of major roadways around Cranston makes it very easy for those commuting outside of the city for work to do so quickly, which makes homes for rent in this metro desirable.
3 Facts About Cranston
- Much of the land that's in Cranston and around the city was originally purchased by Roger Williams from the Narrangansett Indians in the Pawtuxet Purchase.
- Cranston's city seal was derived from the coat of arms of Gov. Samuel Cranston and consists of three silver cranes on a red shield with a silver border. The motto on the seal, DUM VIGILO CURO, has been translated to mean "While I watch I care."
- The Cranston Public School system is vast and contains many fine institutions, including about 17 elementary schools, three middle schools and five high schools.
Top Resources for Cranston Renters
- The official city of Cranston website has a number of informative links and features, including a calendar of events and contact information for area departments and services. The online resource even allows residents to pay their taxes online - a convenient bonus.
- Those with children in the Cranston School District can use its official website to learn about the various programs available for their kids, key curriculum goals and the agenda of the school committee.
What to Do in and Around Cranston
Many of the residents in Cranston enjoy the premier shopping and dining experiences that can be had in the community at either Garden City or Chapel View - both are highly rated in the state.