Explore Houses for Rent in Newport, Rhode Island
Newport is in Newport County. Nearby cities include Portsmouth, North Kingston and Narrangansett. The stunning city boasts beachfront property, phenomenal views of the Atlantic Ocean and enough aquatic activities to keep the whole family occupied. What's not to love about a scenic town along the shore? When you're not soaking up the sun, sample the city's collection of restaurants, charming gift shops and specialty boutiques. You won't get bored if you relocate to the area, which is one reason why Newport is a great place for families looking for homes for rent.
Fun Facts about Newport
- If you need an escape, consider taking off to Narrangansett for a weekend. It's just minutes away and offers its own beaches, parks, restaurants and museums. Coordinate your stay with one of the city's fun seasonal festivals, including the Newport Mansions Wine and Food Festival - a highbrow affair touting fantastic varietals and impressive dishes.
- Caffeine lovers will find pure bliss in the many cafes spread out in Newport. Empire Tea and Coffee is known for its bubble tea and iced horchata chai. Megs' Aussie Milk Bar has smoothies, meat pies, salads and coffee.
- Fancy an evening out? Make reservations at The Mooring - lauded for its delectable seafood and well-contrived wine list. Leave room to try the must-anticipated bag of doughnuts.
Information for Renters
- Visit the city's official website to get a better idea of what the community is all about. The site is a great starting point because it has links to accommodations and restaurants - perfect for your first trip to town!
- Check out the Newport Chamber of Commerce if you'd like to join a community organization. It's a wonderful way to advocate for local businesses and mingle with new people.