Discover Houses for Rent in Johnson City, Tennessee
Johnson City is in Carter, Sullivan and Washington counties. Nearby cities include Elizabethton, Oak Grove and Bluff City. Johnson City is adjacent to Roan Mountain State Park, which is comprised of more than 2,000 acres of land. It's filled with wildlife and flowers, and visitors can spend a day or camp out for the night if they'd like. The landscape, dotted with creeks, makes for scenic hiking trails or cross-country skiing. This amenity is just one reason why Johnson City is a great location for families who are looking for homes for rent. See for yourself why it's a nice area.
Fun Facts about Johnson City
- A wide range of visual arts classes are available in town. The Senior Services at Memorial Park Community Center offers everything from Intro to Ceramics to Basic Drawing. Groups are based on age range, several options are available to seniors only.
- Motorcycle enthusiasts might appreciate the Southern Dozen, which are organized motorcycle trips through the area. The group stops off at attractions and historical landmarks along the way.
- The Doe River Gorge Day Quest is just minutes away from town in Hampton. Visitors can get their adrenaline fix by taking the plunge on a 700-foot zip line. The facility also has "the blob," which is an bouncy inflatable that sits on top of the lake.
Information for Renters
- Check out the Johnson City website for visitor information, like a list of local attractions. The site also has a "How Do I" section that provides a long list of options for trying to reach a particular department.
- Visit the Johnson City Chamber of Commerce website if you'd like to learn more about businesses in the area, or if you're interested in becoming a member.