Discover Your Dream House for Rent in Abilene, TX
Located near San Angelo and Midland, Abilene is a mid-sized city in central Texas. A 4-hour drive to Dallas, residents in Abilene lead more laid back lives than their urban counterparts. A heaping dash of Americana and country living make homes for rent the perfect option for growing families.
Fun Things to Do Around Abilene
- With more than 1,000 animals from around the world, the Abilene Zoo is the perfect day trip for any family. Visitors can sit in on environmental education classes, and zoo officials regularly lead special events like World Giraffe Day and Teddy Bear Day.
- Central Texas is known for its wide, flat plains, and the Abilene Country Club makes ample use of the landscape to offer an 18-hole, world-class golfing experience right around the corner. With more than 165 acres of rolling fairways and a Dallas Morning News ranking as one of the best courses in the state, Abilene Country Club should be every golfer's first destination.
- Like most cities in Texas, Abilene High School has a long-running and heated football rivalry with the nearby Cooper High School. The two communities face each other every year in the "Showdown at Shotwell," named for an iconic stadium in the area.
Helpful Resources for Residents of Abilene
- Abilene is home to two institutions of higher learning: Hardin-Simmons University and Abilene Christian University. Both private, Christian colleges offer research opportunities, sports, student life events and academic support to students.
- The city of Abilene's website can help residents connect with important information about their community. Users can look up email addresses and phone numbers for elected officials, check regulations pertaining to opening and running a business and submit payments for parking tickets of city fees.