539 Houses for Rent in Alvin, Texas
Number of Bedrooms
Alvin House Options
Nearby Zip Codes
Find Houses for Rent in Alvin, TX
Families seeking a friendly, welcoming Houston suburb can stop their search once they discover Alvin. This charming community has everything those seeking homes for rent in the area could ever want - plenty to do, a convenient location and all the necessary amenities.
Quick Facts for Alvin Renters
- Alvin was a quiet area during much of the 1800s, but during the 1890s, its population began to grow rapidly. Many of its residents relied on the cattle industry or farming to make a living. The community was named for Alvin Morgan, who was hired by a local railroad to oversee livestock shipments from the area.
- Alvin isn't far from Houston, putting it in an extremely convenient location for those who need to travel for work or just want to enjoy the big-city amenities from time to time.
- The city is home to Alvin Community College.
Essential Resources for Alvin Residents
- The city's website gives residents all the information they need to remain aware of local happenings, development projects and Alvin meetings.
- Children in the area attend schools in the Alvin Independent School District.
- Aspiring entrepreneurs can get involved with the Alvin Manvel Area Chamber of Commerce, which provides business owners with the resources they need to launch a company.
- Families looking for things to do can always look to the Alvin Convention & Visitors Bureau for updates on the latest events and information about local attractions.
Things to Do in Alvin
History lovers can rejoice in Alvin - the city has a rich past that's worth digging into. The Alvin Historic Depot Center, Alvin Historical Museum and Confederate Cemetery allow residents to see what their city was like in years past. Shimek's Garden and Bayou Wildlife Park are also good entertainment options for families with energetic kids.