Discover Houses for Rent in Balcones Heights, TX
Located near Corpus Christi and Aransas Pass, Balcones Heights is a small city enveloped by San Antonio. Thought of as a neighborhood of the city by locals, Balcones Heights offers homes for rent that are close enough to the San Antonio to be convenient, while far enough away to maintain a peaceful atmosphere.
Fun Things to Do Around Balcones Heights
- Balcones Heights is home to the Wonderland of the Americas, a multi-story shopping complex that features dozens of retail stores where residents can treat themselves to a new pair of cowboy boots or a Texas-shaped pin. The mall also hosts free movie nights and an annual jazz festival, free of charge.
- Though the Greater San Antonio area is dotted by golf courses, none may boast the pristine fairways and tradition of Oak Hills Country Club. Designed in 1922, Oak Hills has stood ever since as Balcones Heights's only member-owned country club.
- Residents can make the short drive from Balcones Heights to downtown San Antonio for a romantic dinner at the Tower of the Americas, a 750-foot structure that rises over the city complete with a restaurant on the top floor. Go at night for a truly unforgettable meal.
Helpful Resources for Residents of Balcones Heights
- Texas is one of the largest states in the country, but residents can use the nearby San Antonio International Airport to get around without much hassle. The airport services 8 million passengers per year and has flights to more than 30 international and domestic destinations, making Balcones Heights the perfect place for busy commuters to put down roots.
- The website for Balcones Heights has answers for every question residents may have. From paying bills to requesting service from various city departments, the Balcones Heights government is committed to making life easy.