Discover Houses for Rent in Brenham, TX
Brenham is in Washington County, north of Houston. On the east side of Texas, Brenham neighbors La Grange and Hempstead. Families hunting down homes for rent have their pick of amenities, residential staples and other family-friendly locations. These include Jackson Street Park, Henderson Park, Nathan's Barbecue and many more.
Interesting Facts About Brenham
- Brenham is the county seat of Washington County.
- The city served as a principal supplier for agriculture in the area.
- The Washington County Railroad ended at Brenham, helping to bolster the development and economy of Brenham. This lasted until 1871, when a new railroad was constructed that reached Austin.
- Brenham was incorporated into Texas in 1858, though it was made the county seat in 1844.
- The city's economy saw expansion in the late 1800s. This led to the diversification of industries in Brenham, such as silk and cigar manufacturing and banking. Wholesale and retail commerce was also a part of Brenham's economy.
- The Brenham Banner-Press was first published in 1913, and serves as the city's newspaper. The paper was originally known as the Southern Enquirer.
- The German-language Texas Volksbote was published in Brenham from 1873 to 1919, displaying the German-American influence on the city.
Resources for Renters
- Residents searching for information on Brenham should visit the city's website, as it has pages on pertinent elements of city life, such as a community event calendar and community services, which includes a list of leisure services, such as parks, the city's library and recreation programs. Renters will also find pages on businesses, city government and jobs on the site, among others.
Brenham Independent School District has a fully rounded website that's ideal for parents. There are quick links on the district's calendar, a map, graduate requirements, a staff directory, parent portal, lunch money, menus and a map.