Explore Houses for Rent in Bridge City, TX
Located near Port Neches and Port Arthur, Bridge City is a small city near the Texas-Louisiana border. Homes for rent in Bridge City are under a 2-hour drive to Houston and a 3-hour drive to Baton Rouge, but there's enough to do is this community that residents may never want to leave.
Fun Facts About Bridge City
- Bridge City was originally named Prairie View, but the construction of the Port Arthur-Orange Bridge - now more commonly known as the Rainbow Bridge - over the Neches River made it so people could only enter the city via a bridge. It didn't take long for the community to adopt its current moniker.
- The nearby Shangri La Botanical Gardens & Nature Center features several distinct areas filled with different flowers and shrubberies. For example, visitors can observe the ways colors clash and combine with each other in the Contrast Garden, while the Texture Garden invites visitors to feel the way the plants are put together.
- While no commercial airlines fly out of it, residents are free to use the Orange County Airport for recreational uses. Amateur pilots can take advantage of the two runways and hangar space to get more comfortable in the air.
Helpful Links for Residents of Bridge City
- The Bridge City Independent School District connects children with the educational resources they need to graduate any grade with flying colors. Bridge City offers facilities at the elementary, middle and high school levels, as well as an intermediate school for struggling students.
- The Bridge City municipal website offers residents answers to any questions they may have. Contact information for city officials, news on city services and demographic data are all available on the site.